FORWARD! Arts is a Birmingham based, not-for-profit company focused on promoting well-being, community cohesion and inspiring positive change.
Using creativity to reimagine the future, our aim is to inspire and build community and human connection while raising awareness of prominent local and global issues. Through the power of art, we seek to educate and empower - activating feelings of self-worth and increasing confidence and emotional resilience for all.
We work with a wide variety of artists, local groups, organisations, and community members across the West Midlands, uniting as a collective force to create a healthy, positive and sustainable world for future generations to come.
Our objectives are to:
- use the power of creativity to engage all members of the community in the arts, harnessing its therapeutic properties to improve health, emotional resilience and wellbeing
- use arts as a mechanism to increase community connectedness and break down barriers to participation
- educate, empower and inspire, to build ambition and support people to make the most of their potential, providing an opportunity for learning new skills, increasing confidence and aspirations
- provide a platform of exhibitions and events to promote emerging Birmingham based artists, musicians and performers.
- encourage social change to support a sustainable environment and healthier lifestyles